Your logo is your shorthand. When its seen by a potential customer or client, you want it to instantly convey your business’ “personality.” Relegating this to an after-thought is a mistake, which is why when you’re in the process of branding your business, it should be the first consideration. Getting this right is extremely important.
There are six procedural steps we follow when we develop a logo:
- Researching. “Getting to know you…..” We start with a “Brand Personality” worksheet. This worksheet helps establish the company’s likes, dislikes, and needs. When initially meeting with a client, we discuss the company’s operations, their intended target audience, and the expectations they have of their logo. This is also a good time to begin to narrow down what colors and typefaces appeal to the client.
- Creating. “A little bit of this and a little bit of that…”. This is the truly fun stage: we brainstorm and sketch until we have a viable design and concept we can work from. A “mood board” helps narrow down what is aesthetically appealing and refine the color pallet.
- Refining. “Who’s the fairest of them all?” This is the popularity contest part of the process. After a variety of sketches are completed, our team will select the best ideas to convert into digital format. At this point, the logos are refined stylistically – illustrations and fonts are set and ready for digital conversion.
- Presenting. “And the winner is……..” The new digital logos are presented to the client in grayscale. Once the client selects their favorite designs, the colors from the mood board are applied. It’s not unusual for a client to have two sets of mood board colors they want to see on the logos.
- Revising. “Questions, comments and feedback?” We make any changes that the client requests at this stage, including any variations they would like to see with colors, fonts, or sizing.
- Finalizing. “Tadah!” When everything is perfect, the client approves their new logo and we finalize it in vector format. The client gets their logo as well as social media badges. A style guide with their new colors, all the approved logo uses and the primary and secondary color pallets is also provided
A great logo will aid a business in its marketing efforts. We take the branding principles of consistency, differentiation, and customer focus to heart throughout the entire logo creation process. If your logo doesn’t meet the requirements for good branding, then it’s much ado about nothing..
If it seems like a lengthy process, you’re right! We understand the significance of having a spectacular logo when either starting a new business or rebranding an existing one.
When we create a logo that launches a brand, we know we’ve done our job.
Conveyance Marketing Group is a team of bright, innovative and talented veteran marketers dedicated to big ideas, fresh insights and measurable results. We pride ourselves on taking challenging marketing issues and turning them into opportunities for our clients, on pointing brands in the right direction, and on getting our customers noticed both online and off. From branding to websites to digital marketing, and public relations, we handle all your marketing communication needs! Web Design and Development | Brand Strategy | Inbound Marketing | Social Media | SEO | PR