The best way to network and connect with other businesses is through LinkedIn. With more than 100 million users in the US, LinkedIn boasts that approximately 75 percent of its user base is employed by large companies - those having more than 1,000 employees. LinkedIn also finds itself with more members in the 30-64 age range than its social media cohorts.
Here are our 10 tips to creating a professional LinkedIn profile.
- Make sure to mention the industry you work in. Simply indicating your industry can get you 15 times more views.
- Use a professional headshot. Statistics show that profiles with photos get an average of 14 times more views.
- Write a background summary of 40 words or more to improve your visibility in an employer search. Your summary is your biography - use it to sell yourself, plant keywords, and describe your business.
- Publish content! The more blogs and graphics you post, the more you will be noticed.
- Be specific with your employment. Treat the experience section like a résumé. The more details you can add regarding your tasks and responsibilities, the better.
- Ask for recommendations from clients and peers to boost credibility. This will boost your credibility, especially if the people reviewing you have their own LinkedIn profiles.
- Indicate your areas of expertise. It’s great to specify your skills on LinkedIn because other members can then endorse them. It’s just one more way that LinkedIn allows others to legitimize your business and experience. You can include up to 50 and order them to your liking.
- State your volunteer experience. According to a LinkedIn survey, 42 percent of hiring managers look at volunteer experience in the same light as paid work experience. Give details of accomplishments and duties in this section, as well as any titles or board positions with organizations.
- Detail your educational achievements. You never know when a potential client may be looking for alumni!
- Participate in relevant LinkedIn groups. The groups you participate in show up in your profile, so make sure that they are cohesive to your business.
Following these 10 easy steps will set you up perfectly to be found by other professionals, recruiters, and potential clients. The more time and effort you put into your profile, the better your chances of making meaningful connections.
Conveyance Marketing Group is a marketing and web development company with a passion for delivering strategic, sustainable and affordable marketing and web solutions to start-ups and small businesses. Our service offerings include video, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), inbound marketing, graphic design, logo design, advertising and web design. Our creativity is limitless, let us help accelerate the growth of your company! Contact us today for more information on how we can help you.
Conveyance Marketing Group is a team of bright, innovative and talented veteran marketers dedicated to big ideas, fresh insights and measurable results. We pride ourselves on taking challenging marketing issues and turning them into opportunities for our clients, on pointing brands in the right direction, and on getting our customers noticed both online and off. From branding to websites to digital marketing, and public relations, we handle all your marketing communication needs! Web Design and Development | Brand Strategy | Inbound Marketing | Social Media | SEO | PR