Make the most of every marketing dollar
In today’s tech-savvy world, many businesses focus their marketing strategies around inbound marketing. Inbound marketing basically includes any content, social media, or search engine efforts made by a company to draw customers to its products or services. With so many options, many organizations want to know which strategy – or strategies – offer the best return on investment (ROI).
Regrettably, there's no "secret sauce" when it comes to marketing. Every business is unique, and that means that every marketing strategy needs to be custom-tailored to meet their needs.
Practically every piece of inbound marketing can generate an amazing ROI. The results will probably vary with every campaign, so track them carefully to see what works best for your business – on average.
Here Are Our Picks for the Six Marketing Tactics with the Best ROI
- Search Engine Optimization – Also called “SEO,” this tactic is all about getting people to your site “organically” – or without the help of paid advertisements. When creating your SEO strategy, keep in mind that keywords are trending toward conversational phrases and questions - thanks mostly to the increase in voice searches.
- Blogs – An essential part of any content marketing strategy, blogs are a wonderful way to attract your target audience. They are also crucial to SEO. While you don't want to overdo it with keywords, sprinkle in phrases like "the best," "review," "pros and cons," and "how to" to satisfy those longer-tail keywords that are trending right now. And remember: blogs don't have to be just words. Videos and infographics make excellent additions to any blog – and are well-liked by search engines and customers.
- Social Media – If your business targets a younger audience, social media may give you the best ROI. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other social media platforms are immensely popular, and they allow you to build up a group of followers who may eventually turn into buyers. If you decide to advertise, make sure that you include a call-to-action (CTA) button on your ad. Many companies can also benefit from promoting coupons via social media - Snapchat and Instagram especially.
- Influencers – Influencer marketing can be very successful for certain companies. It involves obtaining key individuals to promote your products or services. This tactic may take a while. You must put in the effort to locate people who influence your target demographic and then build relationships with them. Once that is done, their promotion can prove to be invaluable.
If you don’t have the time to do all of that, you can also find brands in related product or service lines to "partner" with you by offering a guest blog for your website. For example: If you sold graham crackers, you would try to get a guest blog from Hershey about how delicious their chocolate tastes on a s'more with your graham crackers. That would expose your brand to their audience and also show your followers that you partner with powerful brands.
- Email Campaigns – An incredibly inexpensive tactic, email campaigns can be very powerful – believe it or not, with every demographics. The great thing about emails is that you can segment your audience and customize your message to each group. Make sure that every email includes a CTA and catchy subject line (at least 6 words long); many companies use these campaigns, so you need to stand out in every person's inbox.
- Lead Magnets – To get email addresses for your email campaigns, it's a great idea to utilize lead magnets – otherwise known as downloadable lead-generation pieces. Lead magnets are essentially pieces of content, like guides, e-books, checklists, or whitepapers, that your audience would find useful. In order to download the document, users must enter their contact information and sign up for emails. These lead-generation pieces are an excellent way to prove your expertise, and they also allow you to give potential clients something without sounding salesy.
What Tactic is Right for You?
Choosing the right marketing strategies can be confusing and frustrating. What works for the business next door may not work for you, and vice versa! Commit to three or four different tactics, and stick with them. You need to watch how they perform over three-to-six months before you can really measure the rate of their success.
If you need some expert support, Conveyance is here to help! We have highly-skilled team members who know each tactic inside and out, and we have the industry knowledge and know-how to guide your business in the right inbound-marketing direction. Make the most of every marketing dollar and give us a call today!
Conveyance Marketing Group is a team of bright, innovative and talented veteran marketers dedicated to big ideas, fresh insights and measurable results. We pride ourselves on taking challenging marketing issues and turning them into opportunities for our clients, on pointing brands in the right direction, and on getting our customers noticed both online and off. From branding to websites to digital marketing, and public relations, we handle all your marketing communication needs! Web Design and Development | Brand Strategy | Inbound Marketing | Social Media | SEO | PR