If you’re at a critical point in your business where you need to grow, hiring a fractional Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) provides you with the insights and security that an experienced executive can bring while reducing your financial burden.
Drawing on years of expertise in your industry, your CMO can identify the right marketing strategy for your organization, develop your marketing systems and plan, ensure the right team members are onboard to achieve your desired outcomes, and review your metrics to be sure the team and tactics are driving sales.
Why Hire a Fractional CMO Over an Internal Team Member?
Especially for technology innovators, that need to focus resources on engineering, research, and product development, a CMO may be out of the budget but also necessary to take your company to the next level.
The team that got you to where you are now may or may not be the team you need to get to the next level. Even if you have a top-notch marketing team now, in order to grow from here, you need someone who understands what it takes and can give you insights and strategy for getting there. A fractional CMO can assume a seat at the table without the expenses that go along with bringing on a new executive team member.
With a fractional CMO, you can devote the rest of that budget to ensuring your in-house team has the tactical skills to deliver on the strategy. Alternately, your CMO may have a team of individuals with different skill sets who can execute as a virtual marketing organization (VMO) for a lower investment than hiring a full internal marketing team, let alone vetting them.
What Can a Fractional CMO do for Your Business?
- Leveraging C-level marketing leadership and expertise that aligns to your short- and long-term goals
- Providing an unbiased fiduciary partner that is committed to your strategy and not just expensive tactics
- Translating the direction from the CEO and Board into yearly, quarterly, and monthly marketing goals
- Translating the CEO and Board’s direction and vision into marketing campaigns and objectives
- Conducting due diligence on your competition, along with what makes your offering unique
- Knowing your target customer and how and where to engage them and why they do business with you
- Understanding your path to sales and how your product or service meets the needs of your customer
- Aligning sales and marketing from strategy through execution
- Creating a strong marketing plan, supported by a consistent cadence and defined accountability
- Knowing how much and where to spend your marketing dollars for the optimal return on your marketing investment
- Reporting weekly to the CEO on the KPIs mutually defined as important
How Can You Hire a Fractional CMO?
Ultimately, you want to find someone who is a good fit culturally, who also has experience working to help companies where you are now achieving the next level of growth. And, if you’d like to learn more about our Fractional CMO services, contact us today.
- How to Use Blogging as an Effective Lead Generation Tool
- Content Management Strategy - Courtesy of Benjamin Franklin
Conveyance Marketing Group is a team of bright, innovative and talented veteran marketers dedicated to big ideas, fresh insights and measurable results. We pride ourselves on taking challenging marketing issues and turning them into opportunities for our clients, on pointing brands in the right direction, and on getting our customers noticed both online and off. From branding to websites to digital marketing, and public relations, we handle all your marketing communication needs! | Brand Strategy | Inbound Marketing | Social Media | SEO | PR