Quality content, thoughtful wording, and smart engagement will bring you success
“Hashtags” have become part of our vernacular. Second only to Facebook, Twitter has changed the face of social media with just 140 characters. You can tweet, retweet, and comment on a variety of topics - ranging from a coworker’s commuting rant to a selfie from Pope Francis.
Businesses use Twitter as a way to boost sales and promote brand awareness. It’s a great way to distribute content and establish your company’s voice. As with all social media, you have to implement a strategy in order to be successful.
Here are Conveyance’s Top 10 Ways to Maximize your Twitter Marketing:
- Complete and optimize your profile. It’s easy to impersonate others online, so it’s imperative to thoroughly complete your profile and link to your website and/or blog. Your profile is the first place users will look to decide whether or not your business is legitimate. Top off your page with an engaging bio and pin the tweets that best summarize your business.
- Use hashtags. Challenges and contests that get your customers to interact with you via a common hashtag are a great way to boost visibility. Also, there are tools like Ritetag.com that can help you find trending hashtags to utilize in your tweets.
- Use pictures. Tweets with images get approximately 20 percent more clicks, approximately 90 percent more likes, and more than double your retweet rate.
- Use keywords. A good rule of thumb is to come up with a set of five-to-six keywords that best describe your business, and then use at least one of these words in each of your tweets.
- Follow influencers. Be smart in who you follow. Just following random people to boost your numbers is a great way to associate yourself with people or businesses that may counteract the image your business is trying to convey.
- Build quality followers. Spend some time looking for quality, active followers. And once you connect, interact with them. The more engaged you are with your followers, the more they will engage with you. And, if you are looking for leads, try Twitter cards.
- Set a schedule. Make sure you’re active (at least one tweet a day) and you maintain a consistent voice for your brand. Block out time in your day for social media or hire a firm that will manage it for you.
- Provide quality content. If you aren’t providing quality content to your audience, then you’re wasting your time. Don’t extol your own praises every day! Produce and share content that benefits your audience; use those 140 characters wisely.
- Interact with other good content. The golden rule applies: “do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” And, remember to be polite!
- Engage. Use search functions on tools like HootSuite to figure out what your audience is talking about. Then, engage with them by providing intelligent advice.
Twitter is all about making connections. Quality content, thoughtful wording, and smart engagement will bring you success. If you need a social media strategy or simply help implementing one, give Conveyance a call. We know what to post, when to post it, and on what platform. We can help build your brand and convey your message – all without you having to emoji, hashtag, or "like" a single thing.
Conveyance Marketing Group is a marketing and web development company with a passion for delivering strategic, sustainable and affordable marketing and web solutions to start-ups and small businesses. Our service offerings include video, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), inbound marketing, graphic design, logo design, advertising and web design. Our creativity is limitless, let us help accelerate the growth of your company! Contact us today for more information on how we can help you.
Conveyance Marketing Group is a team of bright, innovative and talented veteran marketers dedicated to big ideas, fresh insights and measurable results. We pride ourselves on taking challenging marketing issues and turning them into opportunities for our clients, on pointing brands in the right direction, and on getting our customers noticed both online and off. From branding to websites to digital marketing, and public relations, we handle all your marketing communication needs! Web Design and Development | Brand Strategy | Inbound Marketing | Social Media | SEO | PR